July 2020 Educational Meeting
July 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Date: Friday, July 10th
Time: Noon to 1:30 pm
Location: VIRTUAL, NO NEED TO RSVP – Simply Register here to join the Zoom virtual event: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0pc–uqjkvHtYfcKFVAKJO3vhwgBvk25wx
Presenters: Scott Moseman, MD, CEDS & Morgan Richardson, LPC
Topic: “Integrating EMDR Into Eating Disorder Treatment: Why and How?”
Objectives: This presentation will review what is EMDR and how does it work in treatment of eating disorders. The presentation will review the following:
-How does trauma get “stuck in the brain” and why EMDR helps to reconcile it.
-When to base treatment on food trauma, body dysmorphia, or other traumatic experiences
-How does trauma impact our neurobiology and our genes
– Promised mechanisms that EMDR uses to cause improvement or relief
– Assess when EMDR and trauma interventions are appropriate for eating disorder treatment.
– Factors that indicate readiness.
– Barriers that inhibit effectiveness with eating disorder population – Match intervention to level of recovery.
– EMDR-based trauma interventions for practitioners (Resourcing, Targeting Sequencing, Identifying and challenging maladaptive maintaining beliefs, Building effective new belief that do not reinforce the eating disorder (avoiding achievement or acceptance based beliefs)
1.5 CEUs available! No partial CEs are available. You must attend the full, live CE event and complete an evaluation of the event in order to receive a CE certificate.
Free admission for members, $10 donation recommended for non-members.- donate via PayPal here.
Register for this event here! After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Check your spam/junk folder if it doesn’t arrive in your inbox.